Skip to main content

ACCEPTANCE does feel good!

I told Melissa, "I need some time to go online today and check my email. I have a feeling I have an email about Gordon's decision about me." Sometimes I get "feelings" about things, do you?

Below is the email I received from GCTS that I was awaiting:

============

Hello Kent,

I know that you have been awaiting this news...we are delighted to offer you acceptance into our program! A copy of the acceptance letter is attached, and the original will go out in the mail quite soon.

Please note that the Doctor of Ministry Office will close for the holiday next week. If you are planning to enroll in the program, you will need to matriculate by December 22, 2010 in order for our office to have the time to reserve your spot, register you, and release to you log in information for the student portal where important information like the syllabus is housed. Please keep this in mind!

Grace and Peace,
Sara
====================

"Feelings...nothing more than...feelings..." --thank you Gemini, but the rest of the words to the song really don't apply! :)

But if i may, that feeling of acceptance really does solidify things and it did bring a smile to my face! I couldn't help it. It just spread across my face and my wife hugged me and we celebrated that moment together embraced--another feeling of acceptance...*sighs*

There is another letter we read that reminds me of acceptance. The bible. It was the summer of my Sophomore year sitting on a bunk at summer camp singing with my guitar those words of Don Francisco, "He's alive...He's alive..."he's alive and I'm forgiven, heaven's gates are opened wide. He's alive..." that an overwhelming feeling of acceptance came over me like never before. When I read the words of John Wesley as to what happened to him at Aldersgate when Luther's introduction to Romans was being read, John said he felt his heart strangely warmed. Those words I believe I could borrow to describe my experience. In a word, "Acceptance." And it has made all the difference in my relationship with Jesus Christ!

I hope it is a good beginning to my relationship with Gordon Conwell too.

Popular posts from this blog

IN ESSENTIALS, UNITY

I just had a board meeting where I went over a study on the word "unity" and "divisions." The question that immediately came up was, "Well, Christians don't have to agree on everything...right?" My response went something like this, "Well, wouldn't we want to?" It hit the fan like a lead balloon, which is not at all what I had expected. I thought all of the other board members would be shouting, "Yes!" and giving me high-fives and chest bumps. Well, maybe not chest bumps at this age.  There were some other ideas, thoughts and opinions expressed, and I was like, "We just went over this study of like 25 verses that state we are to be unified and have no divisions among us. Why don't you get it?" Seems like I was the one who actually didn't get it. It wasn't that I thought my interpretations were wrong, the weren't. The question centered around their application. "How in the world are we to agree on e...

On the Knowledge of God

The knowledge of God is a vital part of the well-being of your life--spiritually and otherwise God desires for you to know Him, but even more, God desires to reveal Himself to you. The knowledge of God is hidden--you cannot just expect to gain it. You need to especially understand that many will say they have it when in fact they do not. However, those who truly know God have very specific things in common. The Word of God reveals to us the knowledge of God , but it isn’t the only place our knowledge of Him comes from. However, every other place we obtain our knowledge of God will never contradict the knowledge available to us in the written Word of God. When I speak of the knowledge of God, I attach the knowledge of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and the knowledge of the Spirit of God--the holy Trinity, three in One, King of the Universe, and of my heart. Proverbs 2:5 tells us that your deepest respect for God , or the fear of the Lord, will accompany the knowledge o...

Is God "Unchanging?"

In my devotional this week I was confronted with some thoughts I believe had their basis in unfounded truths. So I did some digging into what the Bible has to say (as well as a devotional guide I am reading). Some initial thoughts: 1. The Sun stays the same ... yet changes. How much can an object change yet still be referred to as unchanging? Time a factor. Scientists believe our sun could burn out in 5.5 billion years. So it is not in a big hurry. Shoo! Relatively speaking, the sun will be constant in my lifetime. 2. The Garden of Eden is said to have been perfect, yet it needed tending. To what extent does perfection not reach and still hold its meaning? Can things be perfect yet incomplete? Can the qualities of perfection still need to be maintained and be perfect? Can a garden not be perfect without the addition of a caretaker? Could the continual maintenance by God's first created human of a garden created to be incomplete add up to perfection? Perfection was not i...

Family Time Videos